With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Red pink Nubuck Vince Camuto Womens Benatta Nubuck Ankle Strap Dress Sandals
- Beige summer Sandals sexy fashion Platform high heels
- Jackdaine Punk Dance Dance Trolley Side Zipple Boots Canvas Black
- Keds Womens Studio Liv Felt Sneakers
- KemeKiss Women Fashion Warm Lining Long Boots Half Zipper
- ZHRUI Men Formal shoes Spring Autumn Dress Wedding Pointy Loafers Men Business shoes (color J2 Yellow, Size 9=43 EU)
- Josef Seibel Men's Anvers 49 Derbys
- Melvin & Hamilton Men's Martin 1 Derbys
- 5.11 Men's XPRT 2.0 Tactical Military & Tactical Boot
- AmoonyFashion Women's Nubuck Leather Pointed-Toe Kitten-Heels Buckle Court shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Frosted Round Closed Toe Solid Mid-top Kitten-Heels Boots
- Charles David Womens Porter Mule
- LZWSMGS Women's Women's Leather Open Toe Sandals Shallow shoes Summer Wedges with High Heels Evening Office Work shoes Ladies Sandals (color Red, Size 6 US)
- Lady Boots Women's Lace Up High Thick Short Boots shoes Leisure Ankle Boots High Heel Boots Elegant Cosy Wild Tight Super Casual Quality for Womens
- T-JULY Women Wedge High Heels Knee-high Boots Female Warm Plush Fur Winter Large Size Snow Boots
- Sanita Womens O2 Lite Serenity Mary Jane Flat
- Keds Women's Double Decker Perf Suede Sneakers
- GAOLIM In The Summer Of Summer Women shoes Are Back Cross Straps Point Light With A Flat Base Baotou Sandals Female Teenage Trend.
- Asgard Women's Tall Rain Boots Soft Waterpoof Wellington Wellies Ultra Lightweight Garden Boots
- Josef Seibel Womens Sina 15 Fashion Sneaker
- Peppeshoes Modello Vomero - Handmade Italian Leather Mens color Red High Boots - Cowhide Smooth Leather - Lace-Up
- Henxizucun Mens Army Military Boots Combat Armed Desert Jungle Trekking shoes High Top Patrol Breathable Cadet Police Practical Footwear for Men,Black,43
- ASICS Unisex Adults’ Gel-Lyte V Trainers
- Peng ye LED colorful Lights Illuminating shoes USB Charging Ghost Dance Men's Casual shoes (color A, Size 37EU)
- Brown Womens Vintage Autumn Winter Round Toe Lac- Up Square Low Heel Military Riding Combat Martin Mid Calf Boots
- Vimisaoi Women's Summer Platform Wedge High Heels Espadrille Sandals, Open Toe Ankle Strap Hasp Handmade Slingback Boho Dress shoes Brown
- Gjsonmv Bats Halloween Bat owl mesh Lightweight shoes for Women Fashion Sports Trail Running Sneakers shoes
- FANIMILA Women Heels Boots Half Zipper
- Northwave NW shoes Jet Evo Yellow Fluo Size 41
- White-white Puma Unisex Adults’ Basket Classic LFS Low-Top Trainers
- Seychelles Womens Vocal Ankle Boot
- AllhqFashion Women's Low-Top Solid Pull-On Closed Round Toe Kitten-Heels Boots
- Soda Women's Chelsea Faux Leather Elastic Side Panel Ankle Boots,NAT Pu,6
- York Zhu Women Casual Boots,Winter Cut Out Buckle Strap Low Heel Ankle Booties Size 8
- Women's Ankle Boots, Fashion Stiletto Pointed High Heels Autumn Winter Sexy Socks Boots Elastic Martin Boots Black Beige Red (color A, Size 37)
- T-JULY Women Light Comfortable Breathable Snearkers Fashion Casual Large Size Wedge Sneakers
- Clarks Women's Malia Willo Riding Boot
- Steve Madden Women's Ettaa Heeled Sandal
- BILLABONG Womens Talia Ankle Bootie
- Men's 6-Inch Premium Waterproof Safety Boots
- Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Womens Occupy Flat Sandal
- Sneakers HAIZHEN, Men's shoes, Spring shoes, Casual shoes, White shoes
- Marc Fisher LTD Womens Tony
- Nike Men's Classic Cortez Leather Gymnastics shoes
- Men's High-top Brown Leather shoes Ankle Boots Martin Boots Outdoor Trekking Hiking Boots Lace Up Work Security shoes Boots
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.